EO is the process of optimizing or working on webpages or a complete website in order to make it more and more friendly to search engines, thus getting top results in the search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. Therefore the various activities associated with SEO are –
- It is all about optimizing a website for search engines.
- It deals with designing and developing websites in such a manner so that they can rank well in search engines.
- It main objective is to improve the volume and traffic to the website through search engines.
- It based on the visitors search habits and search algorithms used by various search engines.
Types of Search Engine Optimization
SEO is done in two ways mainly. Following are the two ways of doing SEO –
- On-Page SEO – On-page SEO reffers to all the methods that you usually implement on your own website and webpages to make it rank well among others. It includes page titles, descriptions, content, meta tags etc.
- Off-Page SEO – Off-page SEO generally refers to the promotion of your websites over the internet. It involves techniques such as creating backlinks, sharing on social networks, guest posting etc.
What is Page Rank ?
Whenever you visit a search engine like Google and search for any keyword, the engine displays thousands of results. A page is usually the measure of your webpage in the search engine list. If your webpage is displayed at the top in the list then your page rank is 1. SEO also focus on developing or maintaining a website in such a manner to achieve good page rank as well.